Aloo (potato) tikki chaat is prepared using boiled potato mashed and seasoned with Indian spices and shallow fried on a pan with few drops of oil and topped with yellow pea or greenpea or chickpea gravy along with some common elements such as yogurt, chopped onion, cilantro/coriander leaves, sev(small dried yellow noodles),chaat masala. These ingredients are combined and served on a small plate. It healthy and protein rich vegetarian snack.
Prep time-10 mins
Cook Time 10 Minutes
Ingredients for potato patities:
2-3 Boiled large potatoes (skin removed, mashed and set aside)
2 Green chilies finely chopped
1 tsp shredded ginger
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chaat masala
1 tbsp mint and coriander leaves finely chopped.
2 tbsp Oil (for brushing)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp tamarind chutney
2 tbsp plain yogurt whisk and set aside
Sev (chickpea flour noodles fried in oil)(I used store bought For Sev click here)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for potato patties (except oil) and form a potato dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 to 6 equal part and flatten between your palms to make a thick round circle(like burger patties).
- Heat a non stick pan with few drops of oil and place the 2-3 potato patties fry until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove onto a serving plate,add a laddle of greenpea chaat(click the link for recipe) and garnish with onions,yogurt,tamarind chutney,sev ,cilantro and enjoy.
- Sev is usually available in Indian stores if you are living outside of India.