Whenever we get bored with the regular rice i always prefer to do this quick and easy cumin flavored rice.It goes will with Rajma,any vegetable dishes and raita.
Time 20 mins
1 Cup Basmati rice
2 tbsp Jeera(cumin seeds)
1 tbsp peppercorn
1 tbsp oil or ghee(Clarified butter)
1 Bay leaf
2 cups of water
salt to taste
Cooking Instructions for Basmati Rice:
-Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
- Heat a pan with oil add cumin seeds,peppercorn,bay leaf.allow cumin seeds to splutter.
- Now add Rice and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Bring it to a boil close the lid and allow it to cook in low flame for 15 minutes.
- Check with fork to see if all the grains are separated and water is absorbed.
- Serve hot with any curry.