Kale is a wonderful green always available here in Canada.Apart from using them in salads & smoothies it is a great way to incorporate Kale cooked in coconut mixture as a side with Brown rice, Quinoa or eat as is.It tastes so good i am totally in love with it.
Time 10 mins
1 bunch of kale(wash,remove stem and finely chop)
1 small onion (finely chop)
salt to taste
For Coconut Mixture:
2 tbsp Unsweetened dry shredded coconut
3 Thai Chilli Peppers(Optional if you don’t want it to be spicy)
- use a blender to make a coarse paste of the coconut mixture and set aside
1/2 tsp Extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Urad Dal
pinch of turmeric
pinch of Asafoetida
- Heat a non stick pan with coconut oil on a medium flame and add rest of the seasoning ingredient.
- Roast them until urad dal turns light brown in color.
- Then add Onion and fry for a minute.
- Now add kale,turmeric and salt mix everything together.
- Cook it covered for couple of minutes and stir it occasionally.
- Once the kale is cooked completely add the coconut mixture and mix well.
- Cook for couple more minutes,turn off the stove and serve hot with rice.